Net8 questions

From: Josh Miller <jmillerNOSPAM_at_mediabinNOSPAM.com>
Date: 2000/06/02

Can someone tell me if I need to be running version 8.1.6 of Oracle server if I want to run version 8.1.6 of the Net8 Client. I need to try out the latest Oracle ODBC driver, which requires the 8.1.6 Net8, and see if it fixes some of the bugs I've noticed in earlier ODBC drivers. I don't, however, want to go through the hassle right now of upgrading my server when all I want to do is run a quick test with the new ODBC.

Another question: does anyone know how one distributes Net8. I've been looking for a separate install (I guess an equivalent of MicroSoft's MDAC, but for Oracle) but haven't had any luck. As far as I can tell it exists only on the same setup program as the server.

TIA,
Josh Miller Received on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT