Re: Faster Way to build and deploy Oracle Reports

From: Dietmar Schmidt <Schmidt.Dietmar_at_gmx.net>
Date: 2000/06/01

Hi,

you still can use Reports with the Forms Server. But my experience with this product is not very good. It consumes
a lot of resources, produces a lot of "Watsons" on NT. If you use OAS it gets even worse. (Ellison said it is the shittiest product we ever had!). ;-)))

In the long run it is better to create the reports with dynamic html (PL/SQL Cartridge [to avoid OAS use Apache with PL/SQL-Cartridge] or better Java).

Dietmar