NEW DBA trying to Connect Oracle8i w/ Designer/2000 and Developer/2000

From: Michael Taylor <miketmania_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/06/01

For some odd reason, I cannot get Designer/2000 or Developer/2000 to work with Oracle8i. It does not matter if I use Oracle8 or Oracle7 to connect with, neither works. For some reason, when I am trying to build a repository, I get an error CDI 2244. It seems as if the repository begins to start the installation, but then five seconds later, the error comes up. I am using the version of Oracle 8i which comes with NetWare 5.1. Do you think that this has anything to do with my problem? I have tried everything that I know should work. Any suggestions? Received on Thu Jun 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT