DB_LINKS: two questions

From: Gaetan Quirion <quiriong_at_globetrotter.net>
Date: 2000/06/01

Hi,

I have two questions.

  1. I am able to TNSPING a remote database. I am also able to do a remote query on the same database. The link is certainly up.

However, when I test the db_link with Schema Manager, I get a "the database link is NOT ACTIVE" message.Why ? Does someone know what test Schema manager is trying to do ?

2) After you establish a connection to a remote DB (select ... from ... @dev), how long does oracle maintains the db_link to the dev DB active ?

--
GaƩtan Quirion
Dept of Ficheries and Oceans