Re: Oracle Export Question

From: Randy DeWoolfson <randy_at_euclidsys.com>
Date: 2000/06/01

Your job is much bigger than you imagine...

You can not simply export some data in an existing format and then magically have it reload into a new format... Where will each field go? Presumably you have changed the schema for some logical reason... do you need to populate primary keys while reloading data? This kind of effort usually involves a large effort of data migration from one (or many) original formats into the new schema with many data integrity checks and construction of new data as required...

randy