Re: MS SQL Server vs Oracle vs DB2 (&Sybase too)

From: Neil Pike <100577.553_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 2000/06/01

> Well Sybase xp_sendmail certainly isn't MAPI on Unix. And we don't even need
> MAPI client installed for Sybase NT to xp_sendmail. AFAIK, they use SMTP
> sendmail.

 I don't know anything about Sybase, but I would expect it to use SMTP rather than MAPI. My comments are all
 on MS SQL Server

 Neil Pike MVP/MCSE. Protech Computing Ltd  (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (428 entries) see
 forumsb.compuserve.com/gvforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps (sqlfaq.zip - L7 - SQL Public)

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
 or www.sql-server.co.uk
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq