Re: Parallel Server & Standby Database

From: DNP <High.Flight_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 2000/06/01

I think a standby database is a more elegant solution.

With 8i (maybe only Release 2 though - need to check) - you can even automate the application of redo logs from the main server.

So all in all, you get the benefits of physical separation and isolation, for an infrastructure that is barely more complicated than a simple server on its own!

Can't imagine how OPS in one location ( Ack!) could beat that.

David P. OCP (DBA) MCP (TCP/IP)

Glasgow, Scotland.