Re: Parsing Alert.log via PL/SQL

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 2000/05/31

In article <8h1b46$tt1$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   dbadaveo_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Thanks for your example. I'll need to experiment with this in order
> get the results via ODBC/Cold Fusion. I don't think that DBMS_OUTPUT
> will display the results outside of SQL Plus. Please correct me if
 I'm
> wrong.

well, it'll work in SVRMGRL as well and in fact, any client can call dbms_output.get_line(s) to retrieve the output from dbms_output.

my use of dbms_output was just as an example -- you'll use whatever you need to get your output to cold fusion.

see
http://osi.oracle.com/wa/ask/owa/ask_tom_pkg.display? p_dispid=246014735810

for an example of how to return arbitrary data from plsql to a client using a SQL SELECT. It might help you along as well.

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com) Oracle Service Industries
Howtos and such: http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/index.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.