Re: Problem with creating DB on Linux

From: lam <mailbox_at_online.de>
Date: 2000/05/31

Well, what pissed me off most is there is no instance set up yet and I am entering server manager to create the database (That is what one has to do by hand when the nice GUI tools failed). How does Server Manager figure out to which instance I want to connect to and what is the way to tell her 'dont bother to connect, I am going to create the instance!' ?

Steven Hauser schrieb:

> There is a utility called oerr. See below.
> Is your network stuff set up?
>
> $ oerr ora 12545
> 12545, 00000, "TNS:name lookup failure"
> // *Cause: A protocol specific ADDRESS parameter cannot be resolved.
> // *Action: Ensure the ADDRESS parameters have been entered correctly;
> // the most likely incorrect value is the node name.
>
> --
> Steven Hauser
> email: hause011@tc.umn.edu URL: http://www.tc.umn.edu/~hause011

To reply to me via email, please substitute the text no_spam with mailbox
in the return address.