Re: Minimal database files set.

From: Andreas Stephan <nospam.as.stedat_at_gmx.net>
Date: 2000/05/31

Hi Ilya,

only the SYSTEM Tablespace (and all of its datafiles) is needed to run a database. Of course you need the controlfiles and initSID.ora and redologs. Modify the initSID.ora so that no rollback segments are mentioned. This will only use the ones in the system TS. Check sys and system so that they only use the system TS ( default tablespace and temporary tablespace). You should alter all non existent tablespaces to offline (in nomount state) and then bring up the db. Do an exp(ort), kill the whole thing and build a clean database of your needs. Then imp(ort) the dump file and go on.

hth
Andy