Re: Estimate the Size of an Full Database Export

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: 2000/05/31

I am not sure if it is going to work, but you shouldn't add sums of spaces taken up by indexes.... and probobly take into consideration pctfrees, etc.. anyway, I think it's too complicated to estimate it...

On Fri, 26 May 2000 12:29:28 GMT, vslabs_at_onwe.co.za (Billy Verreynne) wrote:

>As for determing the size.. guess work will have to do as it depends
>on how well the data can compress. At worse, the export size will be
>the same size as the database, minus of course rollback and temp
>segments. Do a select from dba_data_files, select only the data files
>(exclude the files assigned to the temp and rollback tablespaces) and
>sum the bytes. This should give you a very rough total to play around
>with.

In case I forgot to mention:
We use Oracle 7.3.4 and 8.1.6 on Solaris 2.6, 2.7 boxes
Andrey Dmitriev	 eFax: (978) 383-5892  Daytime: (917) 750-3630
AOL: NetComrade	 ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email