Re: Implicit vs. Explicit cursors

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 2000/05/31

In article <8h1jf5$4ad$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   tedchyn_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> thomas, the performance of explict and implicit cursor are about the
> same, so reusability of sql is not a issue as described by kenneth.
> ?
> ted

the reusability is sql is limited by the use of bind variables (or lack thereof -- thats why I thought he might be mixing the 2 concepts).

Implicit cursors can and will be reused as are explicit cursors. In plsql -- I always go for implicit cursors myself.

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com) Oracle Service Industries
Howtos and such: http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/index.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.