Re: Oracle 8i Install on NT

From: <paulvicary_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/31

When you reboot, are the oracle database services running (Control Panel/Services)- I got the same error, the database services had stopped for some reason, once I restarted it (Instance Manager), everything was OK. May have been down to an abort style databse shutdown, so it didn't come up automatically on NT reboot without a bit of coaxing.

In article <v70U4.120$_s2.38520_at_news.pacbell.net>,   "jonno" <jonnoshaw_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am trying to install Oracle 8i on Windows NT. I had an install of
 Oracle
> 8.0.5 previously but removed it before installing 8i. perhaps that
 was my
> mistake, however when I install 8i I can see the databases, connect
 remotely
> using net8 UNTIL I reboot. Once I have rebooted all I get when I try
 and
> connect using anything is the message: "Oracle Not available". The
 services
> are running. I thought that maybe it was getting confused with a
 previous
> installation of Oracle 8, so deinistalled 8i, removed all references
 I could
> find to Oracle in the registry and tried installing again. Same
 problem.
> What gives? Any help would be appreciated before I go back to using
 MS SQL
> server.
> Thanks
> Jonathan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 31 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT