Re: Installing 8i Release 2 on Linux

From: Paul Deignan <deignan_at_purdue.edu>
Date: 2000/05/30

Buck Turgidson wrote:

> I installed 8.1.5 using the instructions at
> http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/index.html a few months ago with no
> problems. I want to install 8.1.6 which I recently managed to download.
> Has anyone done this? Is the install for 8.1.6 pretty much the same for
> 8.1.5?

Yes, only more straight forward. You still have to recompile the kernel, etc.

There are no patches and the installation seems to proceed OK.

However, the startup script for the database does not seem to work (I use RH 6.2 - but I am guessing that this will be the same for 6.1).

If you have a solution to this, please e-mail me directly at:

deignan_at_purdue.edu

Thanks,

Paul Received on Tue May 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT