ORA-03113 using SQLPlus on stand-alone WinNT machine

From: Vivek Iyer <vivek_iyer_at_splwg.com>
Date: 2000/05/30

Hello all,

Apologies if this is obvious or has been answered (I don't see many backlogged postings).

I installed Oracle 8.1.5 for MS WindowsNT4 (SP6). I find that when the machine on which I installed it is TCP-IP connected to the office network (and, I surmise, the internet) that I can bring up SQLPlus, and examine the test database. However, when the machine is stand-alone (not connected to the network), attempting to connect to the test database using SQLPlus fails with the error -

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel.

Nothing changes other than whether the machine is connected (either with a dialup or a standard ethernet connection).

Can someone tell me what might be happening ?

Thanks,

Vivek Received on Tue May 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT