Re: Oracle Parallel Server vs Partioning for Standby server

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/05/30

I don't know where your friend has his information from, but the Parallel Server technology in Oracle exists since the early 90's. 'Not a well proven technology' is simply nonsense, Oracle would have discontinued it. Instead your friend's 'solution', running multiple instances on 1 server, looks much more unreliable, less scalable, and insecure.

Hth,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

<naidua_at_my-deja.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 8guols$1mm$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...