Re: Error 12638 when installing 8.1.6

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_at_mgs-software.de>
Date: 2000/05/30

The problem is solved. The solution is as follows ...

For the installation I used an account which is a member of the local admin's group (the local Administrator). And this always failed. Now I also tried the domain's Administrator, and the installation succeeded. There was no error any longer.

At least for Windows, it is very unusual to install as an Domain Admin. This should be changed.

Michael G. Schneider
mailto:mgs_at_mgs-software.de

"Michael G. Schneider" <mgs_at_mgs-software.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8grijk$805$1_at_sshuraab-i-1.production.compuserve.com...
> In the meantime I did another fresh installation. This time I installed
> Windows 2000 Server (no upgrade, full installation, starting with hard
 disk
> formatting), then Oracle 8.1.6i. The result was the same - error ORA
 12638.

> Has anybody (including Oracle Corp.) ever installed successfully on
 Windows