Re: After install: default performance guidelines

From: Job <Job_at_pestilence.net>
Date: 2000/05/30

orauser_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Your point about only two disks is well taken. The database
> is initially quite small - less than a GB. So for now thats
> all we have.

I think he was saying that if you spread

1. Indices,
2. User Tables,
3. Redo Logs
4. Rollbacks

across different disks you will see faster performance.

> The inserts are being done by a client program using OCI. I heard
> they are using 'Bulk Insert' but thats about all I know about it.

This means less traffic between the SQL engine and the PL/SQL engine.

> What guidelines can you offer about the redo log group? How big,
> and how many?

Rough Guide:Files sized big enough to allow at least 15-20 mins between swaps - check alert log file for this. Three files will do.