Re: SCN doesn't increment after DROP TABLE

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/30

In article <8h0qqf$ge2$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   kal121_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hmmm, maybe I am looking in the wrong dictionary view -
>
> OK - this is a dumb question - but which dictionary table keeps track
> of current scn's? I can't seem to find it even when I query
> dict_columns.
>
> Thanks
>
> In article <392EEDBB.14632CB_at_workmail.com>,
> johnny_chan <johnny.chan_at_workmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > kal121_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > > How come DROP TABLE statements aren't recorded in the archive
 logs?
 Or
> > > rather, why isn't the SCN number incrementing after I do a DROP
 TABLE?

> > i see the SCN incrementing as expected after a drop table
 command...where
> > exactly are you not seeing the SCN incrementing?
> >
> > jc

That is an interesting question, but I do not know the answer. It would be my guess that the value would be held in an X$ table. However I did find what appears to be an scn number in each of the following tables, but I have not researched them all yet though I believe these are all scn at a particular point in time for a particular event.

SYS          FILE$                          CRSCNWRP
SYS          FILE$                          CRSCNBAS
SYS          GV_$RECOVERY_STATUS            SCN_NEEDED
SYS          GV_$TRANSACTION                DSCN-B
SYS          GV_$TRANSACTION                DSCN-W
SYS          GV_$TRANSACTION                START_SCNB
SYS          GV_$TRANSACTION                START_SCNW
SYS          MLOG$                          OSCN
SYS          MLOG$                          YSCN
SYS          SLOG$                          SSCN
SYS          SLOG$                          TSCN
SYS          SNAP$                          SSCN
SYS          SNAP$                          TSCN
SYS          TS$                            SCNWRP
SYS          TS$                            SCNBAS
SYS          TS$                            PITRSCNWRP
SYS          TS$                            PITRSCNBAS
SYS          UNDO$                          SCNBAS
SYS          UNDO$                          SCNWRP
SYS          V_$KCCDI                       DISCN
SYS          V_$KCCDI                       DICKP_SCN
SYS          V_$KCCDI                       DISSC_SCN
SYS          V_$KCCFE                       FECRC_SCN
SYS          V_$KCCFE                       FEONC_SCN
SYS          V_$RECOVERY_STATUS             SCN_NEEDED
SYS          V_$TRANSACTION                 START_SCNB
SYS          V_$TRANSACTION                 START_SCNW
SYS          V_$TRANSACTION                 DSCN-B
SYS          V_$TRANSACTION                 DSCN-W

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.