URGENT QUTESTION:error signaled in parallel query server p007?

From: Life in Vain <cantnoeseboy_at_netscape.net>
Date: 2000/05/29

Hi:

I have a database with the parallel query option enabled and the tables were altered like this:

    alter table TABLE_NAME parallel(degree 4);

After the table was created , data was loaded. Then When I try to create index for those tables, I got this error code

"ora-12801 : ERROR signaled in parallel query server p007  ora-01658 : unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace TABLESPACE_NAME" Here is the create index statement:

    create index INDEX_NAME on TABLE_NAME(COLUM_NAME) tablespace TABLESPACE_NAME pctfree 5 storage (initial 80M next 20M minextents 1 pctincrease 0) unrecoverable;

What's wrong? I have checked that among all the free extents within that index tablespace, the maximum one's size is 140M, so why I can't create such index?
Finially , I have to reduce the initial extent size from 80M to 40M so that I can create the index.

After the index is created, I do this:

select bytes from dba_segments
where segment_name='INDEX_NAME'

and it shows that the index only occupy 45M

Also , when I do this:

select bytes from dba_extents
where segment_name='INDEX_NAME'

it show that the index occupy 4 extents, one is 40M and the other three is ~1.3M

When I query back the dba_free_space,
I found that the 140M free extent disappear, it seems that such free extent is broken down to pieces by the create index statement.

Is such results was due to the parallel query option?

Can someone tell me how to solve it(cause I am new to the PQO)

Thanks

W Received on Mon May 29 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT