Re: Implicit vs. Explicit cursors

From: Marc <E.Mail_at_address.com>
Date: 2000/05/29

Kenneth C Stahl wrote in message <392E9441.FE8CAB23_at_Unforgettable.com>...
>Marc wrote:
>>
>> In our current project we discovered some bugs which we would never have
>> discovered with explicit cursors (too_many_rows exceptions where they
 were
>> not supposed to occur and which could not be prevented by means of unique
>> constraints...).
>>
>> Marc
>>

>That would only occur if you use the explicit cursor in a manner that
>does not check for TOO_MANY_ROWS.

I thought one of the main reasons to replace implicit by explicit cursors was the fact that implicit cursors will always check for extra rows, which decreases performance (extra fetch needed). Especially in case of slow network connections, this can be a problem. Now you suggest that we should perform that extra check also in case of explicit cursors.

Marc Received on Mon May 29 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT