Re: Bitmap indexes not being used unless hints forced

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/05/29

In article <TT_X4.1181$u35.204880_at_nnrp2.sbc.net>,   "spencer" <spencerp_at_swbell.net> wrote:

> 3) change the optimizer mode from choose to cost
>
> actually, i don't recommend option 3... since that will
> force Oracle to use the COST based optimizer for all
> queries... and RULE based seems to work better for
> the system tables.
>
> HTH
I don't have comments on anything else you say (which seems quite right anyway). But there's no such hint called COST. This is a common mistake most people make. Oracle "adamantly" insists *he* (I mean *it*) determine whether to choose COST!

--
Yong Huang

(yong321_at_yahoo.com)
(http://www.stormloader.com/yonghuang/)