Re: Why is is that people post before looking stuff up in the manual !!!

From: James Chappell <james_at_rees-chappell.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/05/28

Peeps don't necessarily post before looking up.

If you're new to the whole idea of Oracle, then the whole thing can be quite daunting compared with the point-and-click-and-drag-and-drop environment many are used to.

The documentation is difficult - quite often there are so many links to other sections, chapters or even books that you forget what it was you started out looking for.

And, fair doo's, there a a lot of very experienced guys out there who've seen it all and done it all. What might take a newbie hours or days of searching can be sorted by an old hand in a few minutes. And, quite likely, (s)he can offer ways of doing things that aren't documented, or are better than the documented way.

I'm grateful to the support I've recently received in this group (I'm new to Oracle8 on NT, and old hand with Oracle 7.n.n on unix) and will be happy to cast the odd pearl when I can, even if it is before swine! ;)

In article <20000527103148.18355.00000378_at_ng-ca1.aol.com>, MyNudeHaircut <mynudehaircut_at_aol.com> writes

--
James Chappell