Security issue in Oracle.

From: <david_petit_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/05/27

Hello all,

   I have a question related with security. I am using Oracle 8.0.6 in Solaris. I know that when a user has DBA group (in OS level), he can connect to Oracle by typing "connect internal" in svrmgrl (without typing password). Since my company has different teams for OS and Oracle database. I don't want the OS administrator can create a user and granted DBA to this user and login to Oracle later (by using svrmgrl or SQL*Plus). Is it possible to enable the password with "connect internal" in svrmgrl (and SQL*Plus) even if the OS user has DBA group?

   I remember that in NT, the situation is different. I need to type the password with "connect internal" in svrmgrl. What can I do such that I don't need to type password with "connect internal" in svrmgrl?

Thanks,
David

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat May 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT