Re: Query Optimiser Question

From: Jaap W. van Dijk <j.w.vandijk_at_kpn.com>
Date: 2000/05/25

I think soultion space is a algebraical notion: if you regard all the permissible intervals of all the relevant parameters as pieces of axes in a mutidimensional space, you've got the solution space: the space of all possible solutions. If you then define criteria specifying how the parameters are allowed to depend on each other, you limit yourself to a part of the total solution space. The criteria an optimizer uses determines how big this reduction of the solution space will be.

Jaap.

Paul <paul_at_yeahright.com> schreef in artikel <Lk9X4.112$5Y.2956_at_news11-gui.server.ntli.net>...