Re: Trigger or Procedure that Scans a folder for TXT files

From: Frank Hubeny <fhubeny_at_ntsource.com>
Date: 2000/05/25

Although this may be a bad idea as one respondant suggested, I have also had the need in a development environment to monitor the addition of files added to a directory.

These files contained xml comments about the files themselves and this information was stored in the database. The files themselves were not stored in the database so that users could easily update them under the control of a file-based version control system.

Assuming that you have a web server which can deliver these files to you and that you permit a browser to retrieve a directory listing without a password, you can parse the directory listing information and construct an http call that will retrieve the files.

I am looking for a better solution, however.

Frank Hubeny