Re: changing nls_characters set - yes you can do it

From: Mike Hately <mike.hately_at_virgin.net>
Date: 2000/05/25

Shannon

In certain limited circumstances you are able to change the character set of a database without recreating it.
Luckily, you seem to meet all of the criteria.

This facility is undocumented in Oracle 8.0.5 but it's still possible.

Look on MetaLink for Technical Note :66320.1 (V8: Changing the database or national character set).

I've tried it and it does work.

Regards

Mike Hately