Re: I/O Buffer size for Solaris2.6

From: <youngpups_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/25

I've been trying to figure out the same thing, with minimal success. I did find an article on Sun's website about a parameter called "bufhwm" that can adjust the amount of memory for an I/O Buffer cache... The article was talking about allocating up to 10M for this buffer cache, so I'm not entirely sure that it's what I'm looking for. If the "bufhwm" parameter is not set in /etc/system, it defaults to up to 2% of system memory.

ryano

In article <3924289F.85442ABF_at_ualberta.ca>,   Sheng Jin <sheng.jin_at_ualberta.ca> wrote:
> Hi Gurus:
>
> I want to install Oracle on Solaris2.6. I have something not sure and
> hope I can get your help:.
>
> Could you tell me the I/O buffer size in Solaris2.6 ?
> Is this parameter fix with OS or tunable by system administrator?
> How can I check it in the system?
>
> TIA
>
> Sheng Jin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu May 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT