Re: dev tool for client

From: C. Ferguson <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com>
Date: 2000/05/25

Hi,
  I have no recommendation for gui IDE's. That's not to say that there isn't one out there that can satisfy your needs.

  As to your comment about Sun's Java. Well, java is a language. Java is not an IDE. All companies that produce IDE's for java, state what version of the jdk they support. When you are using the IDE, what do you think it's producing? Java code of course. So, saying that Sun's java is more compilicated doesn't make much sense.

  Ok, enough on that...
   Go to www.javasoft.com, there Swing section specifically, and search for IDE. In the past they had done a comparison of various IDE's which may be of some use to you. The free IDE from there site is Forte. Check it out. Again though, this is not a recommendation for any specific one (since I have not used Forte, I just know that it's out there).

good luck,
cindy

Leonid Asanov wrote:

> Excuse me, I'm also interested in front-end application developing. We're
> choosing the most appropriate development tool. What would you say about
> Oracle JDeveloper ?
>
> I found it quite awkward and I feel there are a lot of things to impove. But
> sun's java is more complicated since it doesn't have any visual environment
> (as far as I know).
> What would you say ?
>
> Thank you.
> Leonid Asanov
>
> C. Ferguson <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > 1) start at www.javasoft.com (tutorials, products, documentation...)
> > 2) Get a book on JDBC and Java.
> > 3) go to Oracle's website and dowload the thin driver. While you are
 there,
> > search the site for the java info. Read up and study.
> >
> > hth,
> > cindy
> >
> > Courtney Thomas wrote:
> >
> > > Sure would appreciate a pointer(s) to info on how to obtain/use Java
> > > w/JDBC thin client ?
> > >
> > > Hopefully,
> > > Courtney

 Java