Re: dev tool for client

From: Leonid Asanov <alv_at_pskov.teia.ru>
Date: 2000/05/25

Excuse me, I'm also interested in front-end application developing. We're choosing the most appropriate development tool. What would you say about Oracle JDeveloper ?

I found it quite awkward and I feel there are a lot of things to impove. But sun's java is more complicated since it doesn't have any visual environment (as far as I know).
What would you say ?

Thank you.
Leonid Asanov

C. Ferguson <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com> wrote in message news:392A204B.7FCAB4B3_at_rationalconcepts.com...
> Hi,
> 1) start at www.javasoft.com (tutorials, products, documentation...)
> 2) Get a book on JDBC and Java.
> 3) go to Oracle's website and dowload the thin driver. While you are
 there,
> search the site for the java info. Read up and study.
>
> hth,
> cindy
>
> Courtney Thomas wrote:
>
> > Sure would appreciate a pointer(s) to info on how to obtain/use Java
> > w/JDBC thin client ?
> >
> > Hopefully,
> > Courtney

> > Bob Fazio wrote:
> > >
> > > What language? Java, C, C++, VB .. There are several tools available.
 Java