OWS/OAS w/Multiple IP's/Hosts

From: <kardinal_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/24

I'm an Oracle novice with no formal training on the product, so please bear with me on this one. I would appreciate any help on what I expect is a relatively simple matter.

We're running OWS 2.1 on NT to serve an internal application. OWS resides on our main web server, which is also running IIS for our main web services. I would like to be able to give that same box THREE more hostname/IP so that when people want to reach this application, they just go to http://applicationname.domain.com and two others. The problem is that IIS is already taking up the main IP. So I add an IP under NT, register it with DNS, no problem. I setup OWS to respond to port 80 on a given IP, but when I set another listener up to respond to yet another IP on port 80, it says it can't because the port conflicts.

  1. Is what I want to do possible? Can you have multiple IP's on one box that all listen on the same port and sort out which IP is the destination and respond individually?
  2. Is what I want to do possible under OWS 2.1? Or would I have to upgrade to OAS 4.0?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Please feel free to respond to stevensjeff-yahoo-
com, I'll get them

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.