want clarification from Oracle gurus regarding I/O

From: <suresh_joshi_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/24

Hi, I want to know that how many i/o oracle will do to update 5 rows as result of the Update ... where ... ; statement. assume that the row has 10 column , the row being update is part of two indexes and oracle is using cost based optimzer and the blevel of the index is three and the db_block_size is 4k.

I appreciate if someone give me exactly what oracle do process the UPDATE request and how many i/o will happens because of that

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT