Re: Master Definition site can't replicate

From: <jensen.bartholdy_at_get2net.dk>
Date: 2000/05/24

On Mon, 22 May 2000 02:12:33 GMT, alwacer <alwacer_at_singnet.com.sg> wrote:

>hi,
>
>I've managed to configure 2 site to run in Multi-master replication
>mode. It works fine, with the Master Definition site(site 1) being able
>to replicate site 2 and vice versa.
>
>The problem came when I shut down (using SHUTDOWN Abort) site 2 without
>suspending replication (Thought it it alright).
 I can't see why this shuldn't work, abort isn't nice but ...

>Now, only site 2 is able to push replicated data to site 1.
>Any changes in site 1 will not be pushed to site 2!
do U have your snp processes at site 2 ? I've done that fault too ;-) U can change that dynamicly alter something ...

>All database links is working fine. Seems to me the schedule push
>doesn't working on site 1. Even when I rerun the push procedure.

 means U have transaktions in queue from site 1 to site 2 ?
>any help will be greatly appreciated!

I've got used to*wait* for things to settle, slow lines and two-fase commit can be a pain ... If U create a test table R U able to 1 <-> 2 ?

>Site 1 is using Oracle 8i 8.16 on Solaris
>Site 2 is using Oracle 8i 8.15 on NT

 nice versions Im doing 7.3.4.5 aix <-> 8.1.6.1.1 NT ...