Re: $ Value of DBA Certification

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: 2000/05/24

An extra $9000? I'm sure you'll have everyone certified in short order if you offer that much<g>. I've never worked for anyone who placed a specific dollar value on certification. I suppose there are two things you would need to consider:

What value does the market put on it? How much more can that employee make if he goes somewhere else now that he's certified.

How badly does a company want it's employees to become certified. If it's important to the company, they may offer a bounty that exceeds the market value. Or they could just make it a requirement<g>.

When I became certified, I did not get a big raise--I was already being paid very well, but I did notice a definate increase in the amount of respect that I got from my bosses. In fact, that was the biggest difference that I recall--the way in which management viewed me. Go figure.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are