Re: Wrong century in SQL statements

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: 2000/05/24

I think you can do something about this by setting your default date format to dd-mon-rr instead of dd-mon-yy. Look at the NLS_DATE_FORMAT initialization parameter in your Oracle8i Reference manual, and at the date format specifications in your SQL Reference manual. Be sure to test things out on a test database first. I was lucky, and never had to worry about this. Our apps were all converted before the date change to use 4-digit years only.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are