Re: Consultants - FREE Zero Impact Sql & Service Level Monitor

From: Neil Pike <100577.553_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 2000/05/24

Paul,

> > > !!!!!!! You must be kidding or simply you are liars !!!!!!!
> > >
> > > ZERO-IMPACT - does anyone really believe in this absolute lie.
> >
> > Yes, SQL Power tools claims of superiority over other tools are OTT and not all substantiated,
> > but it IS true that they are zero impact.
>
> Ever heard of the Heisenberg principle :-)

 Yes, but if you read my explanation you would understand why this doesn't apply. Think of it like a radar gun used by police to monitor the speed of a car. The radar gun is a monitoring device, but it doesn't affect the speed of the car does it? Well, not until the driver notices the policeman anyway..... ;-)

 Neil Pike MVP/MCSE. Protech Computing Ltd  (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (428 entries) see
 forumsb.compuserve.com/gvforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps (sqlfaq.zip - L7 - SQL Public)

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
 or www.sql-server.co.uk
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq