Re: ODBC connection from Access to 8.0.5

From: Jim Keesee <jkeesee_at_uswest.net>
Date: 2000/05/23

--
Jim Keesee
jkeesee_at_uswest.net
509-926-9910
Jay M. Scheiner <jxs_at_wolpoff_nospm_law.com> wrote in message

>Did you set up your ODBC info in your ODBC data sources control panel?
Yes, I set a data source in the system and (different name) in the user DSN also.
> Is it set up as a system or user DSN? Trace this one step at a time-
> can you connect from that client to the oracle server via the oracle
> software;
Again from home on a tcp/ip connection I can see my workspace on the oracle server. However, on the LAN I get an error.
>?do you have a valid user/password set up there; from Access,
yes and remotely I can gain access from Access and also SQL Plus 8.0
> when you choose link to external data/odbc sources, can you browse any
>tables in the Oracle machine?
Only remotely and not from the LAN. Thanks for the assistance. This is soooo fustrating! Jim

> On Sun, 21 May 2000 21:04:50 -0700, "Jim Keesee" <jkeesee_at_uswest.net>
> wrote:
>
> >I hope someone can help me figure out why the Oracle ODBC driver on my
LAN
> >keeps giving me errors. At home I installed the Oracle Client 8.0.5 via
> >TCP/IP and can connect to the Oracle server just fine with my MS Access
> >front end. However, on the LAN when I try to connect via ODBC from
Access I