Re: deallocate unused space

From: Michel Cadot <micadot_at_netcourrier.com>
Date: 2000/05/23

  procedure unused_space(segment_owner IN varchar2,
                         segment_name IN varchar2,
                         segment_type IN varchar2,
                         total_blocks OUT number,
                         total_bytes OUT number,
                         unused_blocks OUT number,
                         unused_bytes OUT number,
                         last_used_extent_file_id OUT number,
                         last_used_extent_block_id OUT number,
                         last_used_block OUT number
                         );

The highwater mark is the last block of the table that has contained data.
The highwater mark is given by last_used_extent_file_id and last_used_extent_block_id.
unused_blocks gives you the number of blocks you can deallocate.

--
Hope this helps
Michel