Re: Sun Server Spec for Oracle Apps 11.0.3

From: Alan Moorman <alm2_at_XYZemail1.dss.state.va.us>
Date: 2000/05/22

Can't really comment on the DB server (we're running a really big E10000), but I would agree with Craig about NT. We booted it out and are using Dell Pentiums (3 boxes, load balanced) for the middle tier running Solaris Intel. Works great and we could leverage our knowledge of Solaris. These middle tiers support 2 instances of Apps 10.7 and 1 instance of 11.0.3.

HTH Alan

Alan Moorman
Oracle DBA
Oracle ERP DBA (as in "I can run adpatch") Unisys DMS DBA (yes, "antiquated" mainframe stuff that still kicks butt!) MS SQL Server DBA (don't ask...)