Re: Oracle 8 and utlestat.sql

From: buckeye714 <buckeye234NObuSPAM_at_zdnetmail.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/05/22

In article <392974A1.97E90763_at_cshl.org>, Vsevolod Ilyushchenko <simonf_at_cshl.org> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>How can I get utlestat.sql (an Oracle-supplied monitoring
script) to work on Oracle 8.0.5? The script refers to FILE$ and TS$, which are missing in Oracle 8. How can I change it to work?

You need to run utlbstat first. this creates the objects referred to by utlbstat. The process works as follows: Login in a sys.
Run utlbstat at the begining of the period you want to monitor. At the end of the monitoring period, run utlestat. Utlestat will compile the statistics, create a file called report.txt and then delete the objects created by utlbstat.

HTH,
Patrick