Re: unable to create data dictionary views

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/05/19

You are, AFAIK, the first to have problems with this. There's nothing more to it than just run them, a step by step tutorial would contain only
in svrmgr connected as internal (which is equivalent to SYS) you should issue a spool command (spool <anyfile>) to capture errors and run nothing else than
catalog.sql
and
catproc.sql

As you only state 'it doesn't work' without any specific error, no one will be capable of resolving this. Catalog.sql providing no or little output is normal

Just some clues from your attached created database command

50K for online redolog is *way* too low, the default is 200 or 500k, however 5M each is more appropiate.
With 50k redologs you will run into 'checkpoint not complete' situations immediately and as the database is in archivelog (which it shouldn't for this operation) the process probably will just hang, archiving is not automatically started. Create the database in noarchivelog and switch to archivelog later.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Peter Schupp <Peter.Schupp_at_object-it.de> schreef in berichtnieuws 39257B48.F41432D_at_object-it.de...