Re: passing parameters to PL/SQL block.

From: bigrez <resnimi_at_NOSPAMmail.northgrum.com>
Date: 2000/05/19

Datatypes for PL/SQL procedures/functions must be unconstrained - you cannot define the size of the datatype. Well, not directly anyway. You can do the following:

   create procedure test1(name out mytable.name%TYPE,...

where the column name in the table mytable is char(50). I haven't actually tried this to see if it constrains the parameter or not, but it may be worth a try.

Mike
bigrez_at_mail.hughes.net