Oracle 8i (8.1.5) Personal Edition and OEM 2.1

From: Bill McNamee <webids_at_yahoo.com.nospam>
Date: 2000/05/18

Greetings:

I'm trying to get OEM 2.1 to work with a local Oracle 8i (8.1.5) Personal database on a Win98 PC. Oracle 8i was installed first (full installation with starter database) followed by the installation of OEM. They are located in different directories and live in different "Oracle Homes". Although I've copied the tnsnames.ora file from Oracle 8i to OEM, I can't seem to get OEM to see the default starter database. With past versions of Oracle (7.3.4, 8.0.4, and 8.0.5) and OEM (1.6 and 2.0.4) all I needed to do was make sure the tnsnames.ora file contained an entry for the local database. What am I missing? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill McNamee
webids_at_yahoo.com Received on Thu May 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT