Re: are diagnostics pack, tuning pack, etc. useful purchases?

From: Alan Moorman <alm2_at_XYZemail1.dss.state.va.us>
Date: 2000/05/18

We've owned the Diag & Tuning for 3+ years. Diag is useful for the Performance manager (1.5 version is better than the Java-based crap in 1.6 &
Management pack. Cost was way too high because it was based on your user license count, not the number of DBAs. Also, it was Java-based and sssslllllooooowwww. There are other, cheaper tools running around. Take a look at HORA (www.keeptool.com) and at Embarcadero's suite of products for alternatives to OEM.

--
Alan Moorman
Oracle DBA