Re: Oracle and Intel/Solaris

From: Jeff Hunter <marist89_at_excite.com>
Date: 2000/05/18

You're at what, about $60K with no room to grow?

Is that a reliable server? Sure. Put two of them together and you probably have a pretty good solution for a reliable cluster.

I don't work for Sun (although I probably should), but IMHO the best box to run Oracle on is by far Sun. I think the perfect starter box is a Sun E420 with 2x400Mhz, 2GB Ram and an A1000 RAID unit.