Re: shutdown immediate hung

From: NeilC <neil-olops_at_NOSPAMbtinternet.com>
Date: 2000/05/17

Hi Mike,

There have been reported problems shutdown immediate hangs as long as an IPC or Named Pipes connection is held. The workaround is to replace IPC and/or Named Pipes with the Bequeath Adapter. (however it looks as though this is not applicable in your case).

Another reported problem occurs with the ARCH_IO_SLAVES parameter existing in the INIT.ORA file. Problem was resolved with the removal of the ARCH_IO_SLAVES parameter from the INIT.ORA file.

Sorry cant be of any more help.

Cheers

NeilC