Re: Locking

From: <miaemp_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/17

Are there any foreign keys on the table? If so, are they indexed? If not, index them. The entire parent table might be getting locked and blocking others.

HTH
Eric Peterson, DBA
Maurices Inc.

The views I may have expressed here are solely my own and not that of my employer.

In article <958581582.19680.0.nnrp-03.9e9859ae_at_news.demon.co.uk>,   "Sonia Gillespie" <sonia_gillespie_at_lagan.com> wrote:
> We are having locking problems with our Oracle 7.3.4 server. It
 seems to be
> related to one table (as seen by looking at the v$locked_objects and
> user_objects tables). The table is accessed from a java application,
 but do
> not appear to be any obvious exceptions thrown or caught from the
> application side of things. We do not rollback within the stored
 procedure
> but use the java Connection object to rollback or commit.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on why this may be occurring? I thought
 that the
> rollback or commit should have solved the problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Sonia Gillespie
> E-mail: sonia_gillespie_at_lagan.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT