Re: Two Oracle admin questions.

From: Paul Schluck <paul_at_schluck.myweb.nl>
Date: 2000/05/16

Alan,

When creating a user you can specify a default tablespace. If you ommit this it results in the default: system.
If you are given the resource role, indeed you have unlimited quota, but only to your default tablespace or the tablespaces you are explicitly granted access to.
What you might do is
SQL > create quota unlimited on tablespace users;

Check what your default tablespace is:
SQL > select * from dba_users where username = '<USERNAME>';

Alter the default tablespace with
SQL > alter user <username> default tablespace users;

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Paul Schluck.
OCP DBA
<alan_psb_at_my-deja.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 8frte7$g6v$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...

> But I remembeer that according to Oracle8i DBA Handbook (by Kevin Loney,
> Marlene Theriault), they said the RESOURCE role can override the quota
> value with the tablespaces. So they suggest the RESOURCE role should be
> granted to users in development environment only.
>
> Alan
>

> In article <j0eU4.1$A5.32_at_dit4.state.va.us>,
> "Alan Moorman" <alm2_at_XYZemail1.dss.state.va.us> wrote:
> > In v7.3.4 and 8.0.5, RESOURCE role does not give you UNLIMITED
 TABLESPACE