ORA-29531 when calling Java stored proc

From: <cz3m36_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/16

I am attempting to use a Java stored procedure in my 8.1.5 database. I have used the loadjava utility to load and compile the Java source and published the Java method I wish to call. These steps were completed successfully.

When I call the published stored procedure, I am receiving the following error message:

ORA-29531: no method getAddressData in class com/eds/cnh/beans/map/ReverseGeoCode

The method getAddressData is contained in the .java file which I loaded, and is defined as static.

I have spoken with Oracle about this problem, and they have advised me that every method which is called when the top level method is executed should be a static method. However, they didn't seem completely confident that changing all the methods called to static would resolve this problem.

I have a couple of questions:
1. I only need to publish/expose the method I will be calling from Oracle, correct?

2. Only the published/exposed method needs to be defined as static, correct?

If anyone has information about, or experience with this topic, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue May 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT