Re: Recommended Performance Tuning Books?

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/16

In article <8fs669$qai$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   blair_kennedy_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> About the best performance tuning book I've read is "Oracle & Unix
> Performance Tuning" by Ahmed Alomari.
>
> In article <958501623.21824.0.nnrp-11.d4e42fa3_at_news.demon.co.uk>,
> "Neil Jellis" <njellis_at_compuserve.com> wrote:
> > I'm looking for recommendations on Performance Tuning books,
 specifically
> > for Oracle 8.
> >
> > If there are also any books that I should (for one reason or
 another)
 steer
> > clear of I'd be grateful for that information too.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Neil Jellis

I have Alomari's book and it is very good, but it is a database tuning book. If you want an SQL tunning book look at Guy Harrison's Oracle SQL High Performance Tuning. It is another Prentice Hall book like Alomari's.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.